Saturday, March 19, 2011

yogi_ComputePayFromTimeSheet


Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com


Chris1989 said:
How do I make my time sheet automatically calculate my total pay for the day. I have Time started in column C, Time stoped in column D, Total worked in column E, Pay rate in column F, and Daily total in column G. i am currently using formula  =ArrayFormula( IFERROR(D2:D - C2:C) ) in E2 and formula =ArrayFormula( IF(LEN(E2:E&F2:F) ; E2:E*F2:F ; IFERROR(1/0) ) ) in G2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here we go Chris ...

2 comments:

  1. What if time start is 11:00 pm and time stopped is 12:00 am? The total hours say -23:00:00. Another is start at 10:20 pm and stopped at 12:20 am total hours say -22:00:00. How do I fix it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Natalie:
    Ah ... I had the solution posted for the StopTime in the same day as that of the StartTime.
    In response to your comment I have enhanced the solution to cover both cases in the sheet named StopTime_SameDayOrNextDay where I have included the two set of values that you want handled

    1) Start 11:00 PM Stop 12:00 AM
    (in 24 hour clock ... Start 23:00 Stop 24:00)
    and
    2) Start 10:20 PM Stop 12:20 AM
    (in 24 hour clock ... Start 22:20 Stop 24:20)

    That should do it. Please check the enhanced solution out to see how it works for you ... and do post back if you want to discuss it further.

    Cheers!
    Yogi

    ReplyDelete