Sunday, April 3, 2011

yogi_Spreadsheet ForDeclining Balance For Starting Amount And Periodic Payments


Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com

55418UND said ...
I'm planning on buying an expensive machine for my woodworking business.
I want to enter the starting amount I need to save followed by the amount I saved, at which point I want the spreadsheet to show the new amount still owing. With that amount at the end of the first line, I want it to begin with that amount on line two. and so on down the page until I reach zero dollars.

Not complicated, but a steady decline in balance based on the amount I enter for the amount saved.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
55418UND said ...
I looked at the illustration and it's perfect for what I'm looking for.
But in using Google Doc's spreadsheet, where can I enter the data you've shown to get the spreadsheet to function as requested?


As shown in the illustration ...
Starting Balance is entered in cell B2
and periodic payments are entered in cells C2 through C11

for further clarification, I have added the following image ...


No comments:

Post a Comment