Friday, May 13, 2011

yogi_Add SalesTax Only For Specified State

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
unibox said:
I have a form that creates a customer database, i think thats what it would be called. It's for a small carpet cleaning business. I enter the jobs sorted by date booked. I need to add .05% tax to WI and not IL.
I have columns for- street address, State, Sub total, WI Tax, Total.
I'd like to have it know when State is WI then Sub total*.05 = WI tax then take WI tax and add to Sub total= total
else Sate= IL then sub total = total
Geezz that is a rambling mess. I hope I was clear enough..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the following solution I have generalized the State of interest to be housed in cell T2 and I have used a single array formula to populate needed entries in columns P and Q according to unibox's specification

No comments:

Post a Comment