Friday, May 27, 2011

yogi_Count Number Of Times A Specific Value Is In A And B Has A Certain Value In Corresponding Row

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
prolink007 said:
I am having trouble righting a function for this need (in google spreadsheets):
I have 2 columns A and B.
I want to be able to get a percentage based on those two columns. I want to count the number of times a specific value is found in A and only if B has a certain value in it.
Example:
A contains the following values name1, name2, name7, name1, name1, name2
B contains the following values yes, no, no, yes, no, yes (with respect to column A)
I would like to function to only give me the percentage of times name1 is found when it is associated with a yes in column B.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

in the following I have a formula in cell D2 for count of yes entries for a single name
and
in celle E2, and F2, I have formulads for yes entries for all the names in column A

No comments:

Post a Comment