Friday, May 13, 2011

yogi_Create Different Operations Based On A Set Of Criteria

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
gffcnnn said:
Create different operations based on a set of criteria?
Hopefully I can explain this; I have tried using IF, IFERROR and AND statements, but I'm getting nowhere.
I would like three cells:
One is an "input" cell which will contain a decimal between 0 and 1
The other two are the "big" and "small" product cells. (The "big" cell will be added to by a different formula also.)
The criteria I need are these:
If the input is between 0.0 and 0.14, do nothing
If the input is between 0.15 and 0.42, add 1 to the "small" cell
If the input is between 0.43 and 0.64, add 2 to the "small" cell
If the input is between 0.65 and 0.85, add 1 to the "big" cell and subtract 1 from the "small" cell
If the input is between 0.86 and 0.99, add 1 to the "big" cell
I imagine this is a bunch of nested statements?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment