Tuesday, June 21, 2011

yogi_Make A PIE Chart With Concatenated Data

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
rubinab said:
How do I source concatenated data into a pie chart?
I am trying to source concatenated data (a cell with data combined from a few other cells) into a pie graph. I am finding that the data is being shown correctly, but the information in the concatenated cell is now showing up (I have the product name, $ value of product and % of inventory). What I see in the chart is the correct value in the pie chart (shaded area) but I do not see the details of each particular product as a label.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
If I understand it correctly, your concatenated data is in column A
So in column B, I extract the numerical data from column A
Then using thhe data in columns A and B I make the PIE Chart as presented in Sheet1

No comments:

Post a Comment