Tuesday, June 7, 2011

yogi_Write A Formula That Changes Entry In A Cell On Subsequent Days

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com 
xjustmex said ...
How do I write this formula in Google Spreadsheets.....
I have five cells each with a different color text in the cell:
A1: Red A2: Blue A3: Green A4: Yellow A5: Black A6: Done!
I have another cell B1 that is a date field where someone would enter a specific date.
I would like a cell C1 that would look at the date entered in B1 and show 'Red" for first day that was entered in the B1. As day 2 comes, I would like C1 to say Blue, then day 3 comes and would like C1 to say Green, and so one until it has ended at A6 showing "Done!" and stopping there.
-------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment