Saturday, July 30, 2011

yogi_Print Mailing Labels From A Spreadsheet

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com

new.clogger21 said:
print mailing labels from a spreadsheet
-------------------------------------------------------------
Google spreadsheet does not have a built in feature to print mailing labels ... so
1) I can use a function such as the INDEX function to setup mailing labels in multiple lines from each row of spreadsheet
2) set up the labels in multiple columns
3) set up a number of labels in each column optionally with a blank row between each label to be printed
4) in using mailing label paper such as (AVERY, HP, etc.) one needs to try a draft print on plain paper first
5) make adjustments in row heights and/or blank rows, and column widths to make sure the labels print correctly
6) once everything is fine tuned the way one wants one can go for final printing on mailing label paper

in the following illustration I set up formulas for one 5 line label and then I copied the formulas in 2 columns of 10 labels per column. For a different setup, the formulas will need to be adjusted to suit

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, today you saved me a lot of time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tanks for the help, I only print occasional labels and this has saved me a lot of time.
    How do I remove the gray borders from the printed sheet, I tried clicking no borders
    but still get gray borders on printout?

    Regards

    Andrew Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrew:

    try printing with no Gridlines ...

    File > Print
    and then in Print settings dialogBoxt that pops up
    check the box No gridlines

    I hope this helps.

    Make It A Great One
    Cheers!
    Yogi
    Cloud Computing -- Google Docs Way
    yogi--anand-consulting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Yogi,

    This is wonderful thing you have done. But when I tried the same , it was not coming correct.

    I have shared the sheet with you. I have red coloured all the mistakes in the label.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuMkKOmMskredF9HSHQ2VEFMem84eklwNldHVTZkckE&usp=sharing


    Can you please tell me where it went wrong.

    Thank you very much

    Kailasam

    ReplyDelete