Monday, July 4, 2011

yogi_Search In Multiple Columns And Post Result In Another Column

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
numlock said:

I am going over phone usage and and am trying to figure something out.

I have free service within my company and 5 friends but on the printout from the company it dosent differentiate between phone calls to friends/company and others.
In column B I have the type of service
In column D I have the phone number that called/texted
In K2:K6 I have the list of friends and in L2 I have the other number within the company.
What I want is the formula to look through column D and column B. If the service is "cell phone" and the phone number is in K2:K6 enter the value "friends" in column J. If it is in L2 I want the value in column J to be "company". If the number is not in either of those two ranges I want it to use what is in column B.
Is this possible?
---------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment