Friday, August 12, 2011

yogi_Assemble Membership In Select Entities From Roster Of Membership

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com

NWRESD Steve said:
I have 30 people on this committee and I have to post a survey/form to find out all the committees they are on. Unfortunately, I don't have a master list of committees (Also, each person might be a part of multiple committees (one person is part of 30!!!)) so a checkbox-type question is out of the question. I've set the form up so a user enters their name, and enters up to 30 committee names they are part of.
What I need to do is figure out how to extract all the unique committee name values and assign each of the members to each of their respective committees in an at-a-glance format. I know I can do this manually, but I'd like to be able to set it up so that it will show up on another sheet in a clean format automatically. I've tried doing a pivot table and inserting and org chart but this obviously hasn't proved fruitful. Something like this would be nice:
Committee 1 Committee 2 Committee 3
Member 1 Member 2 Member 1
Member 2 Member 3
Is this possible? Am I asking for the world? Any Suggestions?
---------------------------------------------------------
In the following illustration I have presented a roster of membership in committees and then in Sheet2 I have assembled a list of names that are members of specified committee

No comments:

Post a Comment