Wednesday, August 24, 2011

yogi_Extract The Latest Submittals by Name From Multimple Google Form Submittals

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com


caitlinwconnely said:
I have shared my template with your gmail address. Here is some background info:
I am in charge of coordinating all weekend activities at the boarding high school that I work at. Each week I would like to set up a form displaying all of the activities available for that weekend, and let students sign up by typing in their first and last name, then selecting the activities they would like to attend. However, students can change their mind until I close the form - so they can submit multiple entries. That is where your formula comes in. I am hoping to view only the most recent submission based on filtering the First Name and Last Name fields against all of the other cells in those columns (so if both fields match, the spreadsheet would only show the most recent timestamp). There could be as many as 400-500 entries in any given week. I plan on just keeping a template master copy, then using that to create a new form each week.
I hope you can understand what I am trying to accomplish from this. If not, please let me know and I will try to explain more.
Thank you so much!
-Caitlin
-----------------------------------------------------------
I have edited your Form to delineate weekend activities, then I populated your spreadsheet with some sample data (9-10 form submittals) and then I added a sheet named yogi_FinalCopy in which I have extracted the latest submitted data by name.



No comments:

Post a Comment