Tuesday, October 18, 2011

yogi_Match Cell In Specified Data Sheets And Display Name And Row Of Matching Data Sheet

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user zeddoc said:
I have a column of id-numbers in COLUMN A
In COLUMN B I want to show the SHEET NAME and ROW NUMBER where there is a match elsewhere in the spreadsheet. (Not sure what to do where there is more than one match, but I was assuming only one match for now.)
(I also would like to know for future use, if this can be done to search/match cells outside of the current google spreadsheet.)
---------------------------------------
In the following I propose a solution where the data sheets are in the same spreadsheet and there is only one match in the data sheets.

2 comments:

  1. Hello
    I would like to use information from a different workshee but just by changing one value in one cell in the main sheet. For instance, I have 4 values in my sheet which are related to the values in a row... =sheetname!P2, =sheetname!Q2, etc... I have these value in one sheet but I want to change de values just by changing the row number which I have on this same sheet... So that if I change to 5, these to cell would change to =sheetname!P5, =sheetname!Q5, and all of this taking place on this same sheet but taking all the information form the sheetname sheet... Is this possible... if so please let me know at al.regidor@gmail.com ... thx very much alberto

    ReplyDelete