Sunday, October 30, 2011

yogi_Rearrange Data By A Specific Attribute And Post In Another Sheet

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com

user 'A Bunny Warrior' said:
Pull Multiple Info from cells to 1 column 
I have a spreed sheet with multiple sheets of information.  I am however only trying to use 2 of them for this.  One of them is for signups and the other is for those signups by class.  The people who sign up do so in a form.  Once they sign up there is a column named "Class" which could contain any of a bunch of different values.  (For example: Cleric or Wizard).  The second sheet is just empty, with the exception of the top row that contains all of the different class types.
What I want to happen is, whenever someone signs up, I want the second spread sheet to pull the information from the 'Class' column of the Signup sheet and place the person's name in a corresponding column in 'Sheet 2'.  So instead of having to jump back and forth from sheet to sheet, I can just see who I have and what class they are all lined up nicely.  
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--------------------------------
Let me see if I have understood correctly in providing the following solution to the problem

1 comment:

  1. Gracias ... por tu comentario generoso

    ¡Salud!
    Yogi
    Cloud Computing -- Google Docs Way
    yogi--anand-consulting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete