Wednesday, December 14, 2011

yogi_Convert Rows Of Many-to-One Data Into Rows Of One-to-One Data

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user mtm4319 said:
How do I un-bunch several rows of many-to-one data into rows of one-to-one data?
Here is a spreadsheet illustrating my problem: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhyIjyraG-QSdDVJTF9uSEUwZTJ5N3lUQVpDTF9TalE&hl=en_US#gid=0I want the data from columns A and B to turn into the data in columns G and H using formulas.I'm already two steps of the way there, by joining the rows of data in column A, then splitting and transposing it using the ", " delimiters. But the issue is column B. Does anyone know how I could get there?
Thanks!
-------------------------------------
following is a solution to a more generalized problem ... wherein I have used duplicate names with different attributes

No comments:

Post a Comment