Friday, January 27, 2012

yogi_Custom Format A Numeric Cell With Some Text And The Cell Should Remain As Numeric

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user Ewerton Emmanuel said:
Folks,
Do you know how can I put a number and a text together considering the cell as NUMBER? For example I have some cells with a number such as 100 and I need to include the respective unity in it "t/h", i.e: 159 "t/h", but, the cell must be a number. In Excel I simply custom the cell, but here I really don't know.
Can you help me?
Thanks.
----------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem

4 comments:

  1. Dear yogia,

    Thanks a lot. That's all I was looking for. I've got another bunch of doubts to solve. I' will post another questions in the group.

    Cheers,

    Ewerton.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ewerton Emmanuel:

    I am glad the solution I posted works for you ... Now Let Us Keep Googling.

    Cheers!
    Yogi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi yogia. I don't know what happened, but the post I created simply desappeared. I made another. When you got some time, could you try to solve that other one, please?
      The new link is:

      https://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/iaEFlk1H8ms

      Thanks in advance.

      Ewerton.

      Delete
  3. I made another question in: https://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/forum/#!starred/docs/hbPThlApJRo
    I would appreciate if you can answer it.
    Regards,
    Ewerton.

    ReplyDelete