Sunday, January 29, 2012

yogi_Detrmine Whether List Of Needed Items In An Array Match The Items In A String


Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com

Docs_user12345 said:
I need a help with a formula, I tried but I'm on a dead end...
Example spreadsheet
The example sheet is a simplification of what I need, it's probably not clear what's it for but it's too long to explain...sorry!
Cells B4:B12 is what is available and cells C4:C12 is what's required, if there is a mismatch it should return "No" in cell E4.
Both cells B4:B12 and C4:C12 can change (see B16:B24 for all possibilities).
I don't doubt that there is a formula for this but I can't figure it out.
-----------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment