Monday, January 16, 2012

yogi_Link Two Lists With DataValidation Drop-Downs

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user nickludens said:
How can I link two lists?
It's like this: 
I need two lists, one with the name my league's Soccer Teams, the other one with the names of every player in each team.
So, lets say Column A is TEAMS and Column B is PLAYERS, if in Column A I select TEAM BLUE, I would like that on Column B only the Players that belong to TEAM BLUE appear on the dropdown menu. On the other hand if I select TEAM RED, then only TEAM RED players appear in the dropdown menu, but no TEAM BLUE players. 
Can this be done and if so how?
thanks in advance, 
good day

-------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your help, Yogi, you're very kind.
    I'll try it out and get back to you soon.
    cheers, mate.

    ReplyDelete