Saturday, January 7, 2012

yogi_Merge Data From Different Fields Per Specification


Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user granola bar said:
I am using a google form to allow people to enter character names for a game we play. People may have multiple characters and each with additional information (ie good/evil). Currently, if you enter the information in the form it creates one row and has all the character names/info in this row. What I want to do is create it so each character gets it's own row.
Currently the spreadsheet has the format of:
Date  ---   Login   ---   Character Name ---  Alignment    ---   Character Name  ---  Alignment --- ....
What I want:
Date ---  Login  ---   Character Name   ---   Alignment
where each row copies the date/login information but moves the character name and alignment down.
I have looked on the help forums for this and found nothing. I believe I may need to do some scripts for this, but I do not know for sure and I do not know how to go about writing this script. Putting this information onto a separate sheet is fine.
Thank you for any help. 
---------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment