Tuesday, January 24, 2012

yogi_Tabulate Sum Of Accounts For Account Names Delineated In A String


Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user gary.jenkins said:
I am new to this stuff, but having fun. I am not sure I understand if thereis a solution to this. Attached is a simplified Spreadsheet. Columns A, B, and C contain data. Cell F2 contains the sum of column A, G2 = sum of column B, and H2 = sum of column C. Is there a way to do this where the formula is defined in F2 only ... and extended to G2 and H2?  
....
 I can do that ... and have. The problem is that the spreadsheet I am working on is quite a bit more complex, and I would like to be able to do this without copy/paste. For instance, I can do it like this: F2  ={sum(A2:A),sum(B2:B),sum(C2:C)}
Still, I would like to be able to simplify one more step: For X=A,B,C ... F2 = sum(X2:X)
-------------------------------------------------
let us see if the following solution to the problem would do for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment