Sunday, February 5, 2012

yogi_Set Up Time Sheet For Specified Month And Year For Multiple Entries Per Day

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.                                         Google Spreadsheet                            www.energyefficientbuild.com
user dooc said:
Help with ARRAYFORMULA
Hi,
If someone could help it would be much appreciated. English is not my primary language but i will try to explain as best as i can.
I have found this formula:
=ARRAYFORMULA(IFERROR(MID( TEXT( VALUE( F8 &"-"& F7&"-"&ROW(A13:A33)-12); "yyEEE");3;3)))
basically, i enter month and year (2 for February and 2012), in cells F7 and F8 and it automatically populates from row A13 to row A46 with names of days for that month.
That's my biggest problem, is it possible to change this formula so it is not populating rows continuously ? I need to have name of days for example in cells A13, A17, A21..... .
-----------------
I suggested the OP try the foolowing formula:
=ArrayFormula(if(mod(row(A13:A46),4)=1,IFERROR(MID( TEXT( VALUE( F8 &"-"& F7&"-"&ROW(A13:A46)-12); "yyEEE");3;3)),""))
However the goal posts seem to have been changed on this SuperBowl Day as noted in OP's update
-----------------
update
Hi yogia,
Thank you for your effort it is much appreciated, but i'm sorry to say it is still not what i need. With your formula day names are not continuously populated. I have attached example of what i need, and i have entered names of days where they should be for one week, but i need it to be automatically populated for whole month.
Hope it will be useful to better understand my problem.
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=forums&srcid=MDIyMTM4Mzk3OTYzNDIwOTIzNTEBMDUwMjc3Nzg5MTA1MjY1Mzc2NTEBOTg5NzM1LjMzMzYuMTMyODQ0MTU5OTMzOC5KYXZhTWFpbC5nZW8tZGlzY3Vzc2lvbi1mb3J1bXNAeXFvZTEyATQBZ29vZ2xlcHJvZHVjdGZvcnVtcy5jb20
------------------------------------------
Well, let us see if I hit the goal this time in regard to solution to the problem

2 comments:

  1. Well, here is what my friend dooc had to say:

    Hi yogia,

    I'm, from Serbia, we are soccer fans :). As for the problem, we are half there i'm sorry to say, how form looks like is exactly what i want with multiple entries for days but calculated names for days are wrong.
    I'm sorry that i'm so bad with explaining, i will try again
    In A column from A13 to bottom i want to enter dates from begging of month till the end of month, so it is from 1 to 31 and that should be static values , and i expect for B column to be auto populated but with no concern of current date.

    So when i enter number of month in cell F2=2 for February, and for A13=1 as for first day in month i expect for B14 to be Wednesday (1st of February is Wednesday)

    Than again when i enter in F2=7 for July, A column the same (A13=1 to 31) i expect for B14 to be Sunday and so on.

    Thank you for sparing part of your SuperBowl time for my problem and i hope that your favorites will win.

    p.s. If you ever come to Serbia i'm buying you a dinner and this is not a bribe :)

    Best regards,
    dooc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dooc:

    If we keep going at this rate -- with your explaining, and my ability to understand you we will be at it till after the game is over ... just kidding, I think I may seen the light this time in my ability to understand you -- but you never know.

    In any event, I have added a Sheet2 ... so have a look and tell me how it goes.

    Cheers!
    Yogi

    ReplyDelete