Sunday, April 8, 2012

yogi_Filter An Array Of Comma Separated Values To Exclude A Specified String

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #497    Apr 8, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com

my Circle mate Robert Baker said at Google+ 
Hi Yogi, 
I have another column of data I want to filter. This column is made up of comma separated email addresses. The principle domain is written in B1. I want to find all rows in column A that have an address that is not from the principle domain and I wish to list those addresses in column C. Where Cell A,n has only principle domain addresses The corresponding Cell C,n should be blank. 
Here is some sample data 
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhYQwydTtZZSdDZ2UktMeVFKNVNRXzUzY09hV0FHY2c... 
-------------------------------------------------------
in the following proposed solution, I have masked the essential character needed in an email address with another string
 

No comments:

Post a Comment