Tuesday, May 22, 2012

yogi_Arrange Address Labels Of Specified Number Of Rows Per Label In One Record Per Row

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #552    May 22, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user ginanet812 said:
I want text pasted in a column to actually go across several columns in one row- each line pasting into a new field/cell
I am copying and pasting addresses that are in this format . Is there a way to get the info to spread across columns in one row - each line being the next field when I paste? I have searched help but can't find any answers. Maybe I am using the wrong terminology. 
copying:
Company
17075 Smith st
Big City
CA
92000
Want it to go across in separate cells so I can make labels or sort by field:
Company I 17075 Smith st I Big City I CA I 92000

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment