Tuesday, May 22, 2012

yogi_Compute Overall Team Scores From A Table Of Player And Individual Team Scores

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #550    May 22, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user Chris Hardcastle said:
Variable team scores
Hi,
I've got a spreadsheet set up to gather scores for a golf weekend. Currently I'm adding team scores up with simple formulas (e.g. =SUM(B1:B3)) but what I'd like to do is have scores add up dependent on team names/numbers.
I've got an example of something working here:
If you change the team number (between 1 and 3 for this) the totals update
This is doing what I want it to do but I'm wondering if there's a cleaner way to do it?
Thanks if you can help.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a clean way of doing this is by using the QUERY function


No comments:

Post a Comment