Monday, May 28, 2012

yogi_Create A League Scoring Table Showing Ranks As 1st 2nd 3rd And So On

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #568    May 28, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.


user Gary Colin said:
Problems creating a simple league table 
....
This simpler formula makes rest of my tasks a lot easier I think.
But I've another question Yogi... 
I had a very long-winded way of adding 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc as the first column in the league table.
So cells I3, I4, I6, etc on your table would become "1st", "2nd", "3rd" rather than just "1", "2", "3".
Any ideas?
Gary

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem ... my solution uses a single formula for the solution -- alright the formula is long but it is pretty straight forward solution. Perhaps a separate post on creating 1st 2nd 3rd etc. would be in order because that has application for many different types of problem ... but let us leave it to another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment