Monday, May 14, 2012

yogi_Create List Of Invitations With One Address For Each Group Of Husband Wife And Children

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #539    May 14, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.


user crihel said:
List of person with a column listing all the people to group them 
Hi,
I am currently using Google Spreadsheet to prepare my wedding.
I have done a table with the list of invited people as you can see in the link to my spreadsheet below.
Now I need to send invitation per post, so I need to group people so that I only send an invitation each family and not to everyone !
To do that I have:
 - created a main contact (it is my column 'Main contact').
   => but it not good as it is a hand written column, I would like a drop-downlist with all the people
 - and created a full address column, with the names of all the people in the family.
   => I could concat the address, but I can not get the name of the people in the family. How can I do this?
Here is my spreadsheet :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjZjD7ArgfQpdEk3R0NwdWVlc1Mxc0ZzT196M3JzV1E
Thanks for any help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
in the following is my solution to the problem as presented in sheet yogi_invites
I have assumed that for each group, you are going to have 3 rows ...
1 row for husband
1 row for wife
1 row for children
if the data doesn't fit this pattern adjustments will have to be made to create an invitation with one address per group

No comments:

Post a Comment