Tuesday, May 1, 2012

yogi_LookUp Values Across Worksheets Where One Would Have Used LOOKUP Function In Excel

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #523    May 1, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com

user CathB said:
lookup values across different worksheets 
I'm trying to lookup values in one worksheet (named 'Location') from a list in a different worksheet of the same workbook. My formula in MS excel is
=LOOKUP(E3,Location!A$2:A$200,Location!B$2:B$200)
How do I get this to work in a google spreadsheet? I've attempted to mock this up in the attached spreadsheet.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Google spreadsheet does not support LOOKUP function that is used in Excel ... I have posted a solution for Google spreadsheet in my following blog post:

No comments:

Post a Comment