Wednesday, May 30, 2012

yogi_Rearrange Columns Of Response Table In Specified Order Based On Specified Number Of Beginning AlphaNumeric Characters

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #569    May 30, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.


user Robby B said:
frequent reordering of column responses in forms spreadsheet
Firefox
windows 7
Others have reported the issue that the order in which questions are created in google forms is the order in which output is displayed in the spreadsheet regardless of how one changes the order in the form (which is often necessary). In my job I am creating new forms fairly often and they get changed (by myself and others) so keeping the questions in created order is rather difficult. 
I am looking for a function that can reorder the columns in a new tab/sheet. It would be helpful if my labeling scheme, (1a,1b,1c,2a,2b,2c, etc) which is at the start of each question, can be used in the identification (because this scheme is the only thing that will remain the same across all the forms I create). 
Any suggests?
-R

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have used helper Sheet1a to do the prep work for finally rearranging the columns of the Response Table in Sheet1. I have generalized the solution by using the number of beginning characters of the question headers as a variable and also having the option of rearranging the questions in Ascending or Descending order.


No comments:

Post a Comment