Monday, July 30, 2012

yogi_Extract Range Of Cells Covering Last Occupied Row And Column Of Sheet1 Into Sheet2 So That Other Cells Of Sheet2 Can Be Manually Edited

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #663   Jul 30, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.


user PBD Records said:(http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/usiaRKVatTU)
Adding all data from one column to another column on seperate spreadsheet

Hi i'm going to try to explain this as best as I can and please excuse my phrasing I am a total spreadsheet noob :)
I have 2 sheets "Sheet 1" and "Sheet 2". In Sheet 1 column A as shown below I have multiple values under the header "Product #" and also some blank rows. I need an equation that will transfer all the non blank values from sheet 1, column A to Sheet 2 column A. The most important part though is I need this equation to work no matter how many values I have on Sheet 1. I also need the blank rows of sheet 2 left after the transfer to be manually editable (so in this example A7 and below). For example if I wanted to manually add the value Z80 to A7 on sheet 2
           Sheet 1                 Sheet 2
         A         B       ____  A         B       

1|  Product # |            1|  Product # |                                  
2|      Z50   |            2|            |
3|      Z51   |            3|            |
4|      Z52   |            4|            |
5|      Z53   |            5|            |
6|      Z54   |            6|            |
7|            |            7|            |
8|            |            8|            |
9|            |            9|            |
I left an example spreadsheet that might be easier to visualize than my representation above.
Thanks so much in advance for any and all help!
Attachments (1)


Example.xls
11 KB   View   Download
-----------------------------------------
following is a solution to a bit more generalized problem






No comments:

Post a Comment