Friday, August 3, 2012

yogi_Set Up A Time Sheet With Hours Worked Rounded As Specified

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #667   Aug 03, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.


user HankAtRMGsaid: (http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/F6cYAxRASPM)
Timesheet rounding issue
I have created a time sheet with Time-in, time-out and a totaling formula that is supposed to round to the nearest 1/4 hour. I grabbed the formula from a website, I forgot where.
I have created a public copy here: http://bit.ly/RifSLA
It works pretty well, but the rounding in "Hours" column is not perfect, as you can see. It rounds up or down by .5 when I enter a "Begin time" or "End time" that is on the 1/4 hour, e.g., 10:15, 9:45., and the other entry is on the hour or 1/2 hour.
Could someone look at the formula and help me correct that? Thanks.
- Henry
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem



No comments:

Post a Comment