Saturday, September 15, 2012

yogi_Count Total Yes and No Values By Name And Email From Table in Sheet2

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.       Google Spreadsheet    Post  #751   Sep 15, 2012     www.energyefficientbuild.com.

user Hudaiming said: (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=y9b3q1rxt8nu#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/Wkji8qijMis)
Problem with formula (input value from other cell in filter formula)
Hello!
I have been trying to solve some problem for almost 2h and I can't do it :S I hope someone can help me.
Please take a look at this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ag003taqGTUddDVHbTEzVXhFTzlnY2FzNVhqSU9Vb2c#gid=0
There are two sheets. I am trying to count total "Yes" and total "No" from Sheet2 for specific users (in this case test...@gmail.com) in Sheet 1 in columns C and D
I know that I can use this formula:
=counta(iferror(filter('Sheet2'!$B:$B;'Sheet2'!$B:$B="test1234@gmail.com";'Sheet2'!$C:$C="Yes")))
But because I have about 70 emails it would be hard for me to input each of the email manually in column C and D in Sheet1. I tried various options with importing email from column B, but it never worked.
I would appreciate if you could help me solve this problem. Thanks a lot!
Damian
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
following is a solution to the problem

No comments:

Post a Comment