Friday, January 18, 2013

yogi_Mark Cells In Range C3 To C When A Task is Completed And Compute The Ratio of Filled Cells To Number Of Days Todate



                                          Google Spreadsheet  Post  #977
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.    Jan 18, 2013
user Saman Sadeghi said:(http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=tzjioh867rof#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/fWpWd9QK0qE)
How to determine the number of filled cells out of a total?
Hi all!

   I am recording the days I have done a task, and would like to display the number of times I have done this task out of the total number of days in the year so far, along with a percentage. For example,

Column B = displays the date (1/1/13, 1/2/13, 1/3/13, etc)
Column C = I place an "x" in the cells, and Conditional Formatting changes the cell color.

I have cell which counts the number of filled cells in Column C: 
=counta(C3:C400)
I would like to have this cell, or another, display something like:
9/18, or 50%

I realize this involves displaying formulas and strings in the same cell - is that possible? If not, what is an alternative?

Thanks!
Attachments (1)
Drive.JPG
50 KB   View   Download
------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment