Sunday, December 15, 2013

yogi_Multi_Conditional Count of Pokemons Of Type1 or Type2 And Stage Basic or Baby

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1439
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Dec-15, 2013
question by Paul Toro (http://productforums.google.com/forum/?zx=2prcm5ppprxr#!mydiscussions/docs/0wFkFZ3N-N4)
Counting up unique terms if they meet requirements. replacing countifs
I'm making a data chart using some formula I found to add up unique data from two columns and return them to one, followed by a count of the number of times those unique items occur.
This is that formula i found and am using to get data from two columns, it seems to work fine.
=ArrayFormula(unique(transpose(split(concatenate(C3:C151&char(9),D3:D151&char(9)),char(9)))))
This is the Count I'm using now.
=COUNTIF($C$3:$D$151;A166)
However, now I only want it to count up the unique term if it first checks the cell in a column next to it in the same row, and if that cell has one of the two correct unique terms out of the many possible.
This is what I attempted to do.
=COUNTA(FILTER(C3:D151;F3:F151="Red";C3:D151;F3:F151="Blue")A166)
I want it only to count things from that same group, "c:3:d151" known also as two separate column ranges I called Type1 and Type2 (but i have yet to use them this way because I'm not very good), if the corresponding cell in the F column (i called this range 'Stage'), contains the word red or blue. A166 is where the term it should be counting is listed. As you can see, mine doesn't work.
How can I add this condition to the count if? I am using google spreadsheet right now but I'd like it to work on Excel too. I would really appreciate the help, it's information I would use for a long time. Any information on why mine doesn't work and yours does would be even better. Thankyou.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment