Sunday, January 26, 2014

yogi_From A Table Of Names Addresses And Multiple Years Extract Names And Addresses For Specified year

                                          Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1497
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Jan-26-2014
post by Kft Penzhid (http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/how-do-i/chrome-browser/bpgodiACCag)
Multiple filtering
I have a sheet named 'Data' like this:

contact namecontact addresscontact date1, yearcontact date2, yearcontact date3, year
JoeBudapest200720112012
GabeLondon20112011
JorgosAthen2012

I'd like to collect contacts by contact date. IMPORTANT: I have multiple dates in multiple columns to one contact. In case there's multiple dates I need that contact multiple times in my new sheet. For expample filtering the year 2011 I need this list: Joe, Gabe, Gabe. Additionally I need the contact addresses, too.

So I have tried this:

=VMERGE(FILTER(Data!A2:B;Data!C2:C=2011);FILTER(Data!A2:B;Data!D2:D=2011);FILTER(Data!A2:B;Data!E2:E=2011))

where VMERGE is a script that merges the results of the three FILTER function in one.

But Google puts me an error: #N/A All data ranges must be of equal width!

Any idea?

Could this solve with a single FILTER function called for filter all of my date columns?

Thanks
Z.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment