Sunday, May 4, 2014

yogi_Split A1 By Names Separated By Comma While Copying Over The Values From B1 And C1 Into The Split Rows Of A1


                                         Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1623
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   May-04-2014
post by Saqib Q: (https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/L2t_KS1fz3k)
How to Split a Cell Part of a Row and Keep the Rest of the Rows - Google Spreadsheets
 am trying to do the following:  I have row 1.  I have values A1, B1, and C1.  A1 contains a few names separated by a comma.  I want to split A1 by these names while copying over the values from B1 and C1 into the split columns of A1.

For example, I have this:


    (A1              B1      C1)
    bob
,sam,bill     99      10


I want to have this:



    bob              
99      10
    sam              
99      10
    bill             
99      10


I am also doing this on Google Sheets, I tried using combinations of Split, Join, and Transpose but can't seem to figure it out.  

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



No comments:

Post a Comment