Friday, October 31, 2014

yogi_Compute Stats Of People Invited To Party And The Guests They Brought Along

                 Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1811
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Oct-31-2014
post by  Michael Bolton:
(https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!mydiscussions/docs/0x93AGetsx4)
Guest Attendance for monthly group dinner
I coordinate a monthly singles group dinner on the first Thursday of every month. I would like to have a spreadsheet the shows the name/s of the persons attending along with any guests they may bring (up to 3) I would like to be able to print a name badge with a bar code on a label for each person attending. I would then scan their label when they arrive to indicate that they attended. Scanning would populate the spreadsheet. I have a bar code scanner that works on my laptop or perhaps I could use my cell phone.. I would like a column for the date and time they arrived or if they were a no show. I would like a total for the amount of guests  that attended and also a total for the no-shows. The scenario is this: The guests RSVP for the dinner up to 2 days before the event and I add them to the spreadsheet. On the morning of the event I print a name tag with a barcode for each person that RSVP'd. At the beginning of the event I check in each gust as they arrive and dive them their name tag at the same time scanning it. The spreadsheet populates the information. Can anyone help me,It would make my job checking them in so much easier and faster. Thanking you in advance for you help and cooperation. Mikey  
PS: Each person will have a permanent bar code so that the following month I could just scan the bar code and it will print a new name tag.Would I need to set up a data base for that ?? I will also need advise on how to do that if needed.. 

---
Hi Yogi, link to spreedsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uza99_YhZnV9ibCCjzuhhUpE51iXzs2wLlLsUsBv2n4/pubhtml

The first column is the barcode ID that I will assign to each member, I will scan their bar code on the name badge I have prepared for them. Once column A is populated with their ID # I would like Column B, F G and H to populate automatically. I would like to have space for 60 attendees. The other 2 items which will update automatically is the Total number of guests attending B+C+D+E providing they are marked "y" in column I. Then a total of no shows which would be the sum of "n"'s in column I. I don't know if I would need additional sheets for the data to be stored as I will be using this each month and would like to save ID #'s and names, email address of all members.to be used again.
Thanks, Mikey

---
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uza99_YhZnV9ibCCjzuhhUpE51iXzs2wLlLsUsBv2n4/edit?usp=sharing
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment