Monday, November 3, 2014

yogi_Sum Up And Merge Number Of Parts Needed And Part Names For Items That Are Not 'blank'

                 Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1819
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Nov-03-2014
post by  Battlet3Chvx:
(https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/Vr1NXB0aiGg)
Query and merge materials
Hello,

I need some help with a formula. I need a formula that can query and combine similar named items from two columns and print them out into 1 column. It's hard for me to explain so see the spreadsheet I made: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrw9wGaS4cCb2wpbZ6nPIPSySAw6W9VNb4TbeqjjowI/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks.
---
Hello, I looked at both and its not what I'm looking for. In the D column you put in the amount that you need and I want a formula that combines the materials needed (as long as they match) to print out a list.

So like.
ItemMaterial 1Material 2Amount Needed
bike1 Part A2 Part B3
car2 Part B3 Part A5
truck3 Part A2 Part C6
blank1 Part A1 Part B0

The amount is how many I need and material 1 and material 2 is what it takes. So I would need a printed out list that shows.
**What I want a list of**
Materials Needed:
7 Part A
4 Part B
2 Part C

It would have to merge the names of duplicates and add it up basically.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment