Sunday, December 7, 2014

yogi_Compute From Table 1 Combined Sum Of Values Of Corresponding Items In Table 2

              Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1857
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Dec-07-2014
post by  Jayadev Chakravarty:
(https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ba_notification#!mydiscussions/docs/yFp5c132t8s)
Conditional Sum
I have a table as follows:

Table 1
----------------------------
Item          Value
----------------------------
A               100
B                200
C                300
D                150
----------------------------

I have another table

Table 2
---------------------------
Item
---------------------------
A
C
---------------------------

I want the sum of all the values of Table 1 where the Col A matches with Items in Col B.  I tried with the SUM function but I have to give individual criteria.  Instead I would like to give the whole column in Table 2 as the criteria for the SUM function.  Is this possible?  If not, what other way can I do this?  Thanks for your help.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment