Monday, February 9, 2015

yogi_Compute Cumulative Sum Of Amounts For Various Categories From Items In Different Tables

             Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1891
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Feb-09-2015
post by  Daniel Bru:
Sum VLOOKUP from many tables at once
HI, 

I am building a personal financial diary.
I have on the same sheet many different tables as shown in the attached picture.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aFXIp7XiV0OFtk3fLeRMw4cTCuAvgEMOpYJ1uZjFPCw/edit?usp=sharing


Every little chart (like A4:B8) represents one day.
There will be 31 of those little charts (for every day in the month), all to the left of what you see on the picture (same rows).
I want to be able to count how much I spent on each entry, for example how much did I spend on transportation this month.

The best solution I came up with (after going through many forums) is:
doing SUM(VLOOKUP(*******),VLOOKUP(******).....etc. for 31 times!

There must be a smarter way.
Please advise.

Hope I explained well  :)

Thanks
---
Hello Yogi,

Thank you for your reply.

There it is:
In english this time  :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aFXIp7XiV0OFtk3fLeRMw4cTCuAvgEMOpYJ1uZjFPCw/edit?usp=sharing

Please tell me if anything is still no clear.

Thank you again,

Daniel
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment