Friday, April 10, 2015

yogi_From A Table Of Fruits Associated With A List Of Names Pull Row By Row The Favorite Fruits By Name Of People In List


                                           Google Spreadsheet   Post  #1940
              Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.    Apr-10, 2015
question by Andy2570:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!category-topic/docs/spreadsheets/MjM8G2M5EOI
Find value in a list and then return the column heading
Hi there,
I have a spreadsheet that I've been working on for a while and am pretty stuck.

What I have is 2 sheets, one called "Data" which has columns of people's names based on different categories. The other sheet "List" has a list of everyone's name and I would like to find the names of anyone from the Data sheet, look at the top of the column to see the category their name is in and insert the headings next to their names. So Michael would have "Potato" and "Celery" next to his name (either together in the same field or seperate fields).

I've got an example sheet here if that helps:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiXms5FXF5MxdDc3U0J1TEFkeHpTNU9hbFAyVFlIS1E&usp=sharing

I've tried INDEX and MATCH but all I get is an error about range must be 1xN. I've also tried FILTER and HLOOKUP and that didn't work either. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be very appreciated!

Andy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


No comments:

Post a Comment