Saturday, February 13, 2016

yogi_Split A String Of Characters In Cells Of A Column With Each Character Going Into Its Own Cell In The Corresponding Row

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2034
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Feb-13-2016
post by: Galloping Penguin :
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ba_notification#!topic/docs/7f7lz7QJLpg;context-place=forum/docs
Split characters in string into individual columns
I have a range of strings which I  want to split so that each character from each string is put into its own column on the corresponding row


Example Strings
S6J1F267SD5E
EH2R4A5H58E2
G92T6FGN462B
 
Each string contains 12 characters, so for the first string I want to end up with S, 6, J, 1, F, 2, 6, 7, S, D, 5, E, each in their own column.

I tried using LEFT/RIGHT/MID but that ends up including extra characters which I don't want. And since each string contains random characters, I am not sure how setup a SPLIT, SEARCH, or REGEXTRACT formula to make them work.

No comments:

Post a Comment