Sunday, April 10, 2016

yogi_For The List Of Descriptions Used In Cells A3 to A Sum Up Number Of Days For Which Booking Is Made

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2059
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   Apr-10-2016
question by: Cara Klein:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/docs/Q5tCuNHv5E4;context-place=forum/docs

Data Validation

Hello, like several people, I can't get data validation to work. 

This is what I want to do:
I have a cell, where the user should select from a list of descriptions. 
IF, description A, is selected, then the numerical value 1 should be displayed in the cell. 
At the bottom of the column, the total score based on numerical values will be calculated. I have followed everyone's instructions, and I just can't get it to work. The thing is, I can't have two separate cells: the numerical value must appear in the cell where the descriptor was selected from a drop down menu. 

Can somebody explain it to me (as if I was a 95 year old grandma??)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment