Sunday, May 1, 2016

yogi_For Domains In Column A Of Sheet2 Assign Highest Rating Based On 'Best' 'Good' 'Bad' From Data In Table Of Sheet1

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2063
Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     www.energyefficientbuild.com.   May-01-2016
question by: agalaga:
https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ba_notification#!topic/docs/psWFhblB6m4;context-place=forum/docs

Vlookup with wildcard to return highest value?

 On sheet1 - column A I have a list of URLs. In column B I have a quality rating. 

On sheet2 - column A I have domains. In column B I have the highest "quality rating". It goes from "best", "good", "bad"

On sheet2 - A2, if I type "forbes.com" I need B2 to return the "Best". If I type "businessinsider.com" in A3, I need B3 to return "Good".
I not sure how to get B2 to return the top quality rating. I've tried a number of nested if statements, vlookup, index, search and other functions but still can't figure it out.

Sheet for reference for reference:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EK6svhHswWG46x8jnqXIPn0Okyv2f29m8_6DuBGjeZs/edit?usp=sharing

Thank you
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment