Saturday, October 14, 2017

yogi_From Table of Date And Amount Compute Sum By Month And Year For All 12 Months

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2271

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Oct-14-2017
question by: Daniel Smith 111
Issues with 'SUMIFS' Function in Google Sheets
Hi

I am trying to reference a data range between sheets using a SUMIFS function and I am having some trouble. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am a little out of my depth. 

So what I want to do is display a sheet that sums the sell price and the quantity sold via month and another that sums via years. I can do this in a pivot table but I am unable to access the Pivot Table in Google Data Studio. I also want to only sum data where the string "Work" is at the start.

The categories I would like are:

MONTH YEAR  ||  TOTAL SELL PRICE  ||  TOTAL QUANTITY


eg September 2017, $4365, 5

and:

YEAR  ||  TOTAL SELL PRICE  ||  TOTAL QUANTITY


eg 2017, $65452, 102


So I have created a few formulas that all fail or do not do what I want they can be seen on the 'AUTO Sums by Month' sheet.

Such as:
=SUMIFS('Workshop Sales All'!I2:I, 'Workshop Sales All'!C2:C,">="A2,'Workshop Sales All'!C2:C,"<" A3,'Workshop Sales All'!F1, not(iferror(search("*Work*"; ))))

What I want is a sum of the data from the date range eg total quantity sold for September 2017, then total quantity sold for October, 2017. The final layout I would like can be seen on  the 'Total Workshops by Month' and 'Total Workshops by Year' sheets.

I would also like it to only sum data that has the string "work" or 'Work" at the start of the 'Product Code' Column in the 'Workshop Sales All' sheet. 

Thanks

Daniel 


No comments:

Post a Comment