Monday, April 2, 2018

yogi_List Unique Players With Their Latest Status

Google Spreadsheet   Post  #2413

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.      ANAND Enterprises LLC -- Rochester Hills MI     Apr-02-2018
oh GREAT and POWERFUL SPREADSHEET GURUS, hear my song on UNIQUE function?
I am a spreadsheet novice but I have found this forum so helpful. To those of you out there who take the time to answer these questions you really help a lot of people out there. I basically end up copying the formulas you come up with and modify it a little.

I have spent a lot of time on this and I figured someone out there knows how to do it.

I'm searching for a formula that will return two columns of data BUT use the unique data from one column, not the unique of both columns.

We use a google form to see who is playing on our baseball team each week. And over the years with the help of this forum I think it works pretty well kinda. Players choose their name from a list and their status from IN or OUT.

Question:
Can you query or import data from two columns from one sheet to another and filter results based on unique values in one of the columns?

Like if the columns say:

A            B
ROB              IN
MIKE            IN
MIKE            OUT

Is there a way to end up with just:

A            B
ROB              IN
MIKE            OUT

I tried to explain it all on the spreadsheet with data please take a look!

Here is my spreadsheet:


Formulas I use:
Formula used on C2: =UNIQUE(QUERY(A2:B,"select * where A<>'' order by B asc"))
Formula used on G2: =UNIQUE({QUERY(A2:B,"select * where B<>'' order by B asc");QUERY(E2:F,"select *")})

Thanks so much for taking a look. I appreciate it!

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment